Thursday, June 14, 2012

SensatioNail

Courtney's mom bought the new SensatioNail Gel polish with UV light starter kit and of course I had to use it. We've had it at the store for about a month and I've been curious, but it's $50 so I was obviously very hesitant. She had a SensatioNail manicure and it had been about a week and it was a little chipped even though it advertises that it lasts for two weeks. So she put it on me and wasn't terrible, but it wasn't phenomenal. She painted my nails in the morning and the entire process for the both of us (she did some touch ups) took about an hour. Even after using the uv light to cure and cure and cure my nails they didn't seem dry completely. Courtney told me it would take about an hour after I cured them for it to dry completely. An hour later they were dull and splotchy, I had obviously hit them on stuff multiple times in the hour. Obviously at home gel is not for me; I rather go to the salon and make sure it's done properly. I believe I will continue to paint my nails with normal polish and if I want anything special I will go to a salon.

Bottom line: I'm glad I didn't buy SensatioNail and have no plans on buying it.

Edit June 16 (one day later): My manicure actually lasted through truck day and I greeted the truck. As a side note let me explain: "Truck day" is when we get the stock for the store and me "greeting" the truck means that I literally took the totes off the tractor trailer. It's a messy and heavy job. I'm lifting hundreds of pounds on truck day, it's a real work out, and I'm not concerned with my manicure. I usually don't paint my nails the day before because I know it's not going to last through the bumps and such. Well SensatioNail lasted.  Not. A. Single. Scratch.

Lower than low line: I plan on buying other colors (because I'm not a fan of the starter kit color) and going to use Courtney's uv light and just cure some more and then watch a movie or something, but continue to cure. Because really the curing time was my only issue, but I'd still get one at the salon.

No comments: